It might seem as though I started an epic cabled sweater and halted, but that is far from the truth. I have been slaving away on the cabled sweater made with Irish yarn for weeks. “Slaving away” implies that it was an unfortunate encounter, but that’s far from the truth. It was a lot of work, but it was work that I really enjoyed. I did not enjoy ripping sections out, but I enjoyed the satisfaction of re-knitting them and seeing the new piece lacking the flaws of the old. It was that kind of project~
This sweater involved a lot of my time because the size just kept seeming kind of strange, no matter how many times I measured and calculated and tested. I held the body pieces up against my torso to test that they were the correct size, and they seemed okay… only to look oddly-sized when laid down.
The sleeves caused me the most trouble–they were simply too wide for my arms per the pattern instructions, and I had a few false starts trying to get a width that made sense for my body.