This Wednesday I finished up the doll wrap that I was working on~! ♥ The buttons that I ordered arrived during the day, and I spent the evening sewing them on and adjusting the length of the fringe. The only buttons that I had on hand in the correct size were either standard 4-hole black plastic circles or 2-hole circles of transparent plastic with pink or silver glitter. They were leftovers from other projects, and as much as I really think the glitter buttons are cute, they were too childish for the colour of the yarn and the style of the finished project.
I decided to order dark shell buttons, as I thought they would coordinate well with the colours of the yarn. The Opaline colourway is a really lovely rainbow with a dark brownish-gray over-dye. There’s something similar in the way that shell buttons reflect light with an iridescence. When the buttons arrived I was happy to find that they had exactly the look I was hoping for.
Wednesday was a few days ago, but I didn’t have time to write it up until today–there’s always going to be a delay for me. I do my knitting in the evenings after work, after all, and I really don’t stay up very late.
Overall, this has been a very productive week for my knitting–much better than last week, at least! Last week was busy for many reasons, and I honestly didn’t get very much knitting done. There were a few evenings where I didn’t knit even a little bit–like last Wednesday, hence no update for that day. Sometimes things just get in the way, after all. Normally this wouldn’t bother me at all; I love to knit, but I don’t want to feel controlled by any of my hobbies. I have enough sources of stress in my life–hobbies are supposed to be fun! ♫
My work-in-progress Wednesday recaps are likely to be up on Thursdays instead, because I don’t have knitting time until the evening–and the last thing I want to do before falling asleep is try to write and format, haha~
I figured out what to do with the roughly 3/4s of a skein of Manos del Uruguay Maxima that remained from an earlier project! Last year in early October I purchased the pattern The Parseltongue Hat from Tiny Owl Knits and knit this hat with some inherited vaguely self-striping tweed yarn. When sorting through patterns on Ravelry, I realized that pattern used just about as much yarn as I seemed to have left over. It was an added bonus that I didn’t need to purchase anything. (I’m involved in a “Buy Nothing New” challenge for February~ Still trying to recover from Christmas spending…)
I started the hat on Monday night, and finished it up yesterday~ It was my focus for WIP Wednesday, and it’s always thrilling to not only make some progress, but to finish what I was working on!