I continued working on the over-ambitious baby dress… and I finished it at the last possible moment that I could do so. I was that person at the birthday party with an unfinished project in her tote bag, sitting at the table and sewing nonstop.
There was a significant amount of “knitting black hole” for the skirt portion of the dress. I could see that I was knitting a round and then another, but the progress didn’t actually appear to exist when I measured it. I finished the body of the dress the day before the party and crocheted on the trim. Then I washed it and laid it out to dry while crocheting the flowers it is embellished with. My original plan was to have the darker colour at the center of the flowers and the lighter colour at the outer edge. I reversed the order when assembling the flowers and didn’t have time to go back. I stayed up extremely late working on the flowers.
I thought I could sew them on in the morning before the party, but I didn’t have time to weave in the ends. My flowers are spaced with a greater density on the front than on the back. I only made 24, as the pattern mentioned, because I just didn’t have time to make any more. I wanted them to be very close on the front portion. I opted for buttons with little ducks on them because the birthday girl likes duckies. It took me basically the whole party to weave the ends in. But at last, it was done! ♥